A Nootropic Tex-Mex Dish Made In Keto Heaven
According to What’s Cooking America, in Mexico, the word taco is a generic term like the English word sandwich. It is simply a tortilla wrapped around a filling. Like a sandwich, the filling can be made with almost anything and prepared in many different ways. The contents of a taco can vary according to the geographical region you are eating them. The taco can be eaten as an entree or snack. They are made with soft corn or fried corn tortillas folded over.
The word ‘taco’ used to refer to little pieces of paper that would be wrapped around gunpowder, before being inserted into holes in the rock face. This was during the 18th century, when there were silver mines dotted all over Mexico and miners would be trying to excavate ore. So many people believe the actual word taco dates from this time. And you can imagine the corn tortilla like a piece of paper wrapped around fiery goodies”, as stated by El Camino Mexicano.
Those recipe is so much more than traditional tacos. Keto-friendly with a salsa dressing that is not only delicious but also good for brain health thanks to Momental Mind.
Nootropic Mozzarella Taco Shells
Traditionally, taco shells are a food wrap from Mexico consisting of a tortilla flatbread. They are commonly filled with meat, cheese, vegetables, refried beans, and salsa. The shell may be a soft shell tortilla, which is folded or wrapped around the ingredients and served hot or cold. Or, the wrap may be a baked taco shell, referred to as a hard shell or tostada that is crispy and brittle, which serves as a formed holder for hot or cold ingredients, as defined by RecipeTips.com.
Instead of using flour tortillas, we will make it a low-carb, high fat version using mozzarella cheese as the taco shell.
Tips for Bringing Home the Right Bacon
- Bacon comes from pork belly, but the cuts vary
- Standard cuts are about 1/16 inch thick, great for frying in single strips
- Thick cuts are twice as thick as the standard cuts
- Center cuts are from pork belly but are close to the bone, they have 30% less fat than standard bacon
- Slabs are just unsliced bacon
Here are some tips provided by EatLikeNoOne.com in selecting amazing bacon in the market.
Buy Bacon from the Meat or Deli Counter.
The best bacon will be at the meat or deli counter, not where you typically buy it next to the sausage in the refrigerator section. Some places have whole slabs of bacon that are uncut. This gives you the advantage of having the bacon cut to your preference. Packaged bacon needs to have a longer shelf life, so you are more likely to see more preservatives.
Never Buy Cheap Bacon
What you pay for, and that is so true with bacon. Creating a truly great bacon takes time. And in the food industry time is money. So some factories making cheap bacon will inject chemicals like sodium nitrate into their bacon. You can buy bacon that is uncured, or not treated with nitrates These chemicals are certainly not good for you and there are concerns about them contributing to causing cancer. The factories also add liquid smoke to their bacon instead of actually smoking the bacon.
Look for Center Cut Bacon
When you do purchase bacon from the refrigerated section of the store, look for bacon that is labeled center cut. This bacon comes from the leaner and more meaty section of the pork belly. Don't worry, it still provides plenty of good fat.
One-Step Nootropic Salsa That's Good for Your Brain
The addition of nootropics found in Momental MIND makes this salsa recipe an excellent addition for brain health. **Nootropics in this ingredient came from natural sources, so you’ll get the most out of its brain-enhancing capacity.
Keto-Friendly Tacos with Chunky Nootropic Salsa
4 strips bacon
100g grass-fed ground beef *excellent source of protein and collagen
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
½ avocado, peeled and diced
¼ cup 1 ounce cheddar cheese, grated
1 onion leek, sliced thinly
Now Let's Make Chunky Nootropic Salsa (recipe good for storing and further use)
1 ½ cups tomatoes, canned
½ white onions, peeled and chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 ½ teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon coco sugar
1 scoop Momental MIND Nootropic Meal Replacement
1 cup cilantro
3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped (optional)
- In a skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove from the pan and place on a plate lined with a paper towel. *Note; bacon continues to cook after being removed from the pan so try to remove the bacon before it appears as your level of done.
- Using the same skillet with the remaining bacon fat, cook the ground beef until brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- With a paper towel, wipe excess oil from the skillet. Over medium heat melt mozzarella until edges become golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip using spatula.
- Using rolling pins with approximately 2 inch diameter, drape over mozzarella cheese and hang over a mixing bowl. Allow to cool to achieve its form. This recipe makes two taco shells.
- Assemble the taco ingredients into the prepared taco shells and drizzle prepared Chunky Nootropic Salsa.
- Chunky Nootropic Salsa: In a food processor, mix all of the above ingredients together. Store in a container with an airtight lid and place in the refrigerator for leftovers.